Team Goals, Measures and Responsibilities
What are your team goals?
Team goals should reinforce the purpose and vision of the team. They should be treated as marker posts that help to keep the team on track and provide frequent feedback on the current rate of progress.
Make your goals smarter:
To strive for peak performance you also need to keep your goals focused:
- Few as possible
- Organisationally aligned
- Clear and concise
What are your team measures?
It has been said that "what you don't measure, you can't improve" which we don't believe is entirely accurate but we do know that without measurement you most certainly will be unable to improve in the direction of your choosing.
To explore the topic of Team Measures in more detail visit this page
What are the key team responsibilities?
Questions to consider when reviewing your team responsibilities:
- What responsibilities do we have to our organisation?
- What responsibilities do we have to our key stakeholders?
- What responsibilities do we have to our customers?
- What responsibilities do we have to our internal clients?
- What responsibilities do we have to our team leader?
- What responsibilities do we have to our fellow team members?
- What responsibilities do we each have to ourselves?
- How can these responsibilities be best allocated across the team?
- How can we most effectively share responsibility?
- How will we manage any conflicts of interest?
- Can we measure the fulfilment of our responsibilities?
- How will we reward varying levels of responsibility?
- How will we manage failures to take responsibility?
- Are our team values aligned with our areas of responsibility?
To return from Team Goals, Measures and Responsibilities to Team Foundations follow this link
A FREE consultation is always available, so to discuss any aspect of performance please either:
- Call us on 0845 434 9589
- Or complete the form below